As Mortgage Centre Specialists, we are committed to keeping your privacy protected and your information confidential at all times.
We collect, use, and disclose information about you for a variety of reasons:
- To identify you and verify any information you give us.
- To protect us both from error and fraud.
- To understand your needs and eligibility for products and services.
- To recommend particular products and services so we may serve you better.
- To meet legal requirements, such as asking you to provide the necessary information to verify your identity.
- To present your mortgage application to various lenders and insurers for the purpose of securing a mortgage and/or related service.
- We may review and analyze your use of our services, in order to assist in the above.
We may collect from you and share health information with insurers and insurance agents for the purpose of applying for creditor insurance.
Your information and the business you do with us is kept strictly confidential.
Your information will be protected from error, loss, and unauthorized access. Our procedures and systems are designed to ensure this security. We collect, use, and disclose personal information only for purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances. As well, we never sell any information about our customers to others, and we only keep information as long as it is needed.
Your information is obtained or used only with your consent.
We obtain your (express or implied) consent before we:
- Check your employment.
- Obtain a credit report.
- Offer you other products and services.
- Obtain, use, or disclose to other persons, information about you unless we are obliged to do so by law or to protect our interests.
- Use your information in any way we didn’t tell you about previously.
You can withdraw your consent any time after you’ve given it to us, provided there are no legal requirements to prevent this, by contacting your Mortgage Centre Specialist.
You can choose not to receive direct marketing.
We may tell you about products and services through direct mail, telephone, or other means. If you do not wish us to do so, advise your Mortgage Centre Specialist.
Sharing your information with other people.
We don’t share information about you, except as is necessary to complete your mortgage application and take all steps necessary to secure mortgage financing on your behalf, nor do we release it to anyone else, without your express or implied consent. However, there are some exceptions. For example, we may collect, use, or disclose information without your consent if we:
- Are obligated or permitted to do so for legal reasons.
- Use an outside company, such as The Mortgage Centre Canada (Dominion Lending Centres), to do work for us involving some of your information.
You can review and make corrections to your information.
You can review your personal information held by us and make corrections to it by contacting your Mortgage Centre Specialist. You may be asked to put your request in writing.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints contact your Mortgage Centre Specialist.